We need these kits to assist displaced
families. Please encourage your organization to assemble
these. We have collection points all over WNY. Contact
us for a collection point nearest you - 607-280-9005
Please include $5.00 with each kit to defray
Health kits provide basic
necessities to people who have been forced to leave their homes
because of human conflict or natural disaster. Health kits are also
used as learning tools in personal hygiene, literacy, nutrition and
cooking classes. When people gain the knowledge and materials to
maintain personal hygiene, their overall health improves.
- 1 hand towel (15" x 25" up to 17" x 27")
- 1 washcloth
- 1 comb (large and sturdy, not pocket-sized)
- 1 nail file or fingernail clippers (no emery boards or toenail
- 1 bath-size bar of soap (3 oz. and up)
- 1 toothbrush (single brushes only in original wrapper, No
- 1 large tube of toothpaste (4.5 oz or larger, expiration date
must be 6 months or longer in advance of the date of shipment to
UMCOR Sager Brown, No child-size brushes)
- 6 adhesive plastic strip sterile bandages
Place these items inside a sealed one-gallon plastic bag.
Value: $12 per kit.
Flood Buckets These
supplies enable people to begin the overwhelming job of cleaning up
after a flood or hurricane. For flood buckets only, if the requested
sized item is not available, go down to the next available size. If
nothing is available in the requested or smaller size, put masking
tape on the outside of the bucket saying, "This bucket contains no
- 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid
- Bleach (two 1-quart or one 82 oz. bottle. Do not include
bleach of you are shipping the bucket through the US Postal
Service, UPS or FedEx)
- 5 scouring pads
- 7 Sponges
- 1 scrub brush
- 18 cleaning towels (reusable wipes)
- Liquid laundry detergent (two 25 oz. or one 50 oz. bottle)
- 1 household cleaner, 12-16 oz. bottle
- Disinfectant dish soap, 16-28 oz. bottle
- 50 clothes pins
- Clothes line (two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.)
- 5 dust masks
- 2 pair latex gloves
- 1 pair work gloves
- 24-bag roll of heavy-duty trash bags, 33-45 gallon (remove
roll from box before placing in bucket)
- 1 Insect repellent spray, 6-14 oz. can (If aerosol, cans must
have protective caps. See special requirements below.*)
- 1 Air freshener, 8 or 9 oz. can (If aerosol, cans must have
protective caps. See special requirements below.*)
*Special requirements: Put
all items in the plastic bucket and seal lid. Please ensure that all
cleansing agents are liquids (not powder) and in plastic bottles.
All aerosols or flammables: If aerosols are
included, do not send the bucket by US mail or DHL/Airborne freight.
Ship by UPS ground, FedEx ground, or truck. Pack inside the bucket
or strong outer boxes. Put the ORM-D mark on the outside of any
buckets or boxes containing these items. Get it at http://gbgm-umc.org/umcor/print/kits/orm-d.cfm.
Copy and tape on each bucket or box. Boxes cannot exceed 66 lbs.
Value: $45 per bucket.